Set of three A2 portrait-orientation posters, featuring specially commissioned R4118 artworks by aviation artist Simon Grant.
• A2 size (420 x 594mm / 16.5 x 23.4in)
• Embossed in bottom right corner
• Packaged and posted in cardboard poster rolls to prevent damage
• Approaching Home: Hurricane Mk1 R4118 of 605 Squadron circles Croydon aerodrome before her final approach to land.
• Preparing to Defend: Hurricane Mk 1 R4118 taxis for take-off to intercept another enemy attack.
Croydon’s iconic terminal building forms her backdrop.
• Turning to Engage: Hurricane Mk1 R4118 rolls out of a climb as she prepares to engage
About the artist:
Simon Grant grew up in Surrey during the 60s and 70s. His first loves were drawing and painting and from the age of 6 he was filling his sketchbooks with aircraft, animals and racing cars.
Living close to the perimeter of Kenley Aerodrome (a former Battle of Britain sector station) led to a fascination with the momentous events of 1940 which became a favourite subject for the young artist. The cinema release of the acclaimed “Battle of Britain” in 1969 only served to fire his enthusiasm further.
The significant anniversaries of the last few years have brought that youthful passion back to the surface and Simon has been inspired to create a number of fine art prints depicting a truly crucial moment in British history, including this series featuring Hurricane Mk I R4118.